What is the Undergraduate Ambassadors Scheme?
- A classroom-based module for learning key skills run by science, technology, engineering and maths departments. The key skills gained include: communication, presentation, team-working, active listening, time management and prioritisation.
- You spend 3-4 hours per week in the classroom over a period of around ten weeks working with one teacher but probably a range of different classes.
- Before entering the classroom, you receive training and in-depth materials to focus your learning and to prepare you for working in a school.
- You keep a journal of what you do and give a presentation on your experiences, both of which may form part of your assessment for this module. This counts towards your degree like any other module.
What do I get out of it?
- Increased key transferable skills which will enhance employability and confidence.
- Academic credit that counts towards your degree and will offer the chance to develop new skills.
- Classroom experience if you are considering teaching as a potential career.
Inspiring Education and Communication